Cenosco: Enabling safe and smart environments
Do you want to use your talent as an information and data expert to enable safe and smart environments across the globe? We are looking for a Data Analyst to join us in changing the world of asset-heavy industries with our innovative software solutions.
If you are a proactive problem solver with sharp attention to detail and passionate about working with data, then we are looking for you!
What you’ll do
The role is a combo of activities of roles usually identified as a data engineer, data analyst, and implementation engineer. Working in cooperation with the team, you’ll be focusing on the following tasks:
- Analysing data and reporting results in a clear and understandable way
- Performing database analysis and data modelling
- Upgrading your Python, SQL, Power BI knowledge
- Learning about business processes and working directly with clients
- Following trends and giving suggestions for optimization and improvement
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Prepare data for analytical use per user requests
- Participate in conversations with data users (from technical teams, business teams, or even the data team itself) and consult with data-related projects
- Be an active part in building and deploying analytics tools to empower business decision making
- Identify opportunities to improve the efficiency of existing data systems and processes, and/or to build new ones
- Explore, exploit, evaluate and recommend new data sources, platforms, and tools
- Educate the company on best practices on data processing (including data extraction, storage, exploration, transformation, reporting, etc.)
Who are we looking for
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures, and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large, disconnected datasets.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Strong analytical skills and orientation to details
- Passion for data
- Braveheart to think outside the box
- Positive, make-it-happen, lead-by-example approach
- Proactive problem solver (this one is a ‘must have’)
What we offer
- Work in a fast-growing and engaging industry
- Dynamic workplaces (biking or standing behind your desk, currently also working from home)
- 24 days of holidays
- Competitive salary and additional benefits (Birthday gift, Meal allowance, additional bonuses)
- A good cup of coffee or tea with a snack or fresh fruit is available all day long
- Top-notch offices and equipment
- Continuous improvement and learning opportunities
- Team activities, not the usual ones just to look nice on social media but what team members choose and ask for
This is how our selection process looks like
- Screening job applications
- 30-minute Teams call with HR department
- F2F or Teams call with Team Lead, Tech Lead and/or Project Manager
- Offer stage
This position requires
fluency in English as well as the local language
- Please send your CV and application in English.
- Visa or relocation costs are not supported. This position requires Dutch or Croatian citizenship.