We are looking for an experienced Database Engineer to join our team. You will be responsible for designing, planning, implementing and protecting database systems. Your expertise will be crucial in providing guidance and support to our Software Engineering department.
Provide guidance and support to Software Engineering department through following:
- Assist with schema design and improvement
- Optimize, tune DBMS installation and SQL query tuning
- Assist with application schema upgrade and data upgrades
- Proactively and regularly make recommendations for system improvements
- Prepare and improve database deployment procedures
- Collate, prepare, and present statistical information for internal and external use
- Other tasks required by management, in the field of Software Engineering
- Minimum BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field
- A proven track record with at least 3 years of experience in Database Engineering
- Preferred experience with SQL Server
- Demonstrated ability to estimate work accurately and effectively communicate progress, while promptly escalating issues as needed
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to address complex database challenges
- Proactive, constructive, and forward-looking mindset with a commitment to continuous improvement
- Team-oriented individual who actively supports and collaborates with other team members
The first thing you may be asking yourself is, what is Cenosco all about? We’re an Asset Integrity Management (AIM) Software company. Essentially, this means that our solutions safeguard integrity, reliability, and instrumentation safety in asset-heavy industries. Companies operating in these industries come with complex operational ecosystems, and we aim to support their capability to operate at full potential, with the latest technologies, all while prioritizing the health and safety of their people and the environment.
We envision safe and smart environments for asset-heavy industries – where their software environment, work environment, and surrounding environment, operate smartly and securely, allowing them to function at their full potential, without jeopardizing the health and safety of their people and the planet.
We are dedicated to making this vision a reality, by optimizing and spreading our integrity management solutions. Through continuous innovation and development of our IMS Suite, we strive to remain the market standard for integrity management solutions.
The Cenosco Culture
Our work culture is bound by our four core values. These values have been carefully crafted and selected internally to ensure that they served as a reflection of who we are and how we work across the entire company. At Cenosco we operate with these values at heart, and therefore consider them to be vital competencies.
Acting with integrity
We are trustworthy and reliable.
We are attentive and take care.
We are agile, curious, and keep growing.
Playing as a team
We are dedicated, have fun and celebrate our successes.