Backend Engineer (Rust or C++)
Role: Backend Engineer (Rust or C++)
Working Experience: System programming language
Attractive salary and Stock Option scheme
At D2X we are looking for an experienced Backend Engineer to join our Amsterdam office.
Are you a problem solver and do you have a genuine desire to craft clean and correct code? Then keep reading!
At D2X we strive to become the first regulated derivatives exchange for the digital asset industry in Europe. Our mission is to bridge the gap between Tech and Finance and to facilitate institutional adoption of digital assets through derivatives. We recently raised our seed funding round, and we are looking for exceptional talents with an entrepreneurial drive and an interest in the digital asset space to join our fast-growing team.
Working for D2X means being independent, creative, and adaptive. Our culture of innovation and accountability creates an environment that allows you to build your skills and career.
Technology at D2X
Digital assets trade round-the-clock, 365 days a year. Therefore, we are constantly seeking the most advanced technology to offer a fast and reliable trading interface. Rust allows us to achieve that in a productive way. Developing, testing and optimizing our codebase is the bread and butter of our Engineers.
As a Backend Engineer, you will be responsible for setting architectural direction for our core exchange containers, delivering large bodies of well-crafted code and owning projects that directly impact D2X systems. You will work closely together in multidisciplinary teams to develop a deep understanding of trading, exchanges and how the hardware works on which our machines are running. You're not attached to tools and technologies; you focus on solving problems. Your challenge is to further innovate and maintain the foundation underlying our wider infrastructure.
Your Skill Set
- Several years of professional experience in system-level programming languages (e.g., C, C++ or Rust)
- You deliver. You enjoy thoughtful conversations about problems and perfecting designs, but in the end, you know that what matters is delivering a solution that always works
- You find big challenges exciting and enjoy discovering problems as much as solving them
- Previous experience in the financial industry. Knowledge of the Financial InterExchange protocol (SBE & FAST) is highly advantageous
- Ability to express your ideas and thoughts to your team members clearly in English
- You take leadership and are continuously on the watch the make your team more productive
- Own the design, development and deployment of services that comprise our distributed trading platform
- Build professional relationships across the business to ensure we're feeding the best ideas into our solutions
- Manage and optimize deployment pipelines to reduce risk and provide production support where required
- Find the simplest, cleanest solutions and continually optimize them
- Balance the race to production with software quality, extensibility and testability
- Foster an environment where people are continuously learning and teaching at the same time so that the tech team can thrive and successfully fulfill their tasks
What we offer
- Energetic, Collaborative & Fun Work environment
- Competitive base salary compensation with bonus post-launch
- Stock Option Plan
- Bike compensated by the company, up to EUR 749
- Gym membership, up to EUR 35
- Dynamic, international, innovative, and respectful work environment – employees are at the core, we value every individual and encourage initiative
- Premium office space with rich amenities in Amsterdam
- Work on complex and challenging problems in Rust
- Hybrid working mode with 4 days a week at the office and 1 day a week from home.
- Exciting monthly team outings.
Are you up for the challenge? We would love to get to know you!